Watermelon & Feta Salad
Looking for a way to utilize some leftover watermelon? This is the perfect salad for a quick lunch on a hot summer day. The sweetness of the watermelon, combined with the salty feta cheese and bite of onion are sure to please!
- watermelon - 1/4 medium melon
- watercress - 1 bunch - 2 cups
- red onion - 1/2 medium onion
- chopped walnuts - 1/2 cup
- feta cheese - 1/2 cup
- balsamic glaze - 2-3 tbsp
- olive oil - 1 tbsp
- salt & black pepper - to taste
- In a small saute pan, toast walnuts over med-low heat. This takes about 5 minutes so proceed with next steps but keep an eye on the pan. You know they're ready when the smell of nuts permeates the kitchen!
- Prepare watercress by cutting off excess stems and rinsing well. Place in large bowl.
- Chop watermelon into bite size pieces. Be sure to remove seeds if you did not get a seedless watermelon! Add to bowl.
- Slice onion into thin strips, add to salad.
- Add feta and walnuts to salad.
- Drizzle with balsamic and oil.
- Toss gently and add salt & pepper to taste. NOTE: Any leftover salad will hold for one day even after dressed though it is better when served immediately.
Play around with different balsamic vinegars in this watermelon & feta salad. I tried a fig balsamic and it made the salad absolutely craveable!Add to Favourites