Tomato, Corn & Avocado Salad
This sweet salad with a touch of heat is the perfect accompaniment to your chicken, beef or fish, when you are looking for something light. If you prefer things a bit more spicy, just add more chili peppers. Leftovers will hold for up to two days, and makes a delicious snack with your favorite tortilla chips.
- cherry tomatoes - 2 cups
- red onion - 1/2 medium onion
- avocado - 1 each
- corn - 1/2 cup
- thai chile pepper - 1-2 each
- feta cheese - 1/2 cup
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- fresh lime juice - 1/4 cup
- salt & black pepper - to taste
- Set aside a large mixing bowl.
- Slice cherry tomatoes (I like to use both red & yellow for color) in half; add to bowl.
- Julienne onion into thin strips; add to bowl.
- Chop avocado into bite size pieces; add to bowl.
- Mince chili pepper (use two if you want it very spicy!); add to bowl.
- Add corn and feta to salad.
- Drizzle with oil, lime juice.
- Add salt & pepper to taste as you gently toss the salad.