Spicy Shrimp Tacos
I was craving shrimp tacos the other day so I decided to try something new! The bok choy gives a nice crisp bite to the taco. So often we forget about this delicious & delicate green but the combination of the leaves and stalks was perfect for this dish.
The shrimp have a nice heat from the chili sauce though I wanted a little more so I added a Thai chili pepper. If you prefer things a bit milder, remove the pepper from the recipe.
To ensure this remained a nice healthy dish, I stayed away from sour cream and made a dipping sauce out of Greek yogurt. Who knew something healthy could also be just plain delicious!
- 41/50 count shrimp - 16oz
- garlic chili sauce - 2 tbsp
- Thai chili pepper - 1 each
- bok choy - 3 stalks & leaves
- sliced red onion - 1/3 med onion
- avocado - 1 each
- fresh cilantro - 1/4 cup
- limes - 3 each
- Greek yogurt - 7oz
- sriracha - 2 tbsp
- tortillas - 4 each
- Devein & peel shrimp.
- Drizzle olive oil into medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan.
- Mince chili pepper and add to pan.
- Add garlic chili sauce to pan, and sauté until shrimp is cooked through. This will only take about 5 mins, do not overlook. Remove from heat or drop to low heat.
- Julienne bok choy, red onion, and avocado, then set aside.
- Chop/rip cilantro into bite size pieces.
- In a small bowl, prepare sauce. Add yogurt, juice of 1/2 a lime, and Sriracha, mix well.
- Prepare tortillas ( I recommend warming them on a grill pan before filling). To build your shrimp tacos place a thin layer of sauce down the middle and then fill to your liking. Place extra sauce in a small dish for dipping. Squeeze juice of 1/2 a lime over each taco before eating. Enjoy!