Spicy Cashew Beef Stir-fry
Looking for a quick dinner with a little bit of heat? This spicy cashew beef stir-fry is easy to make and sure to please! This style of preparation is a great use for lower cost meats.
- top butt sirloin tip - 1 lb
- soy sauce - 1/4 cup
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- ground ginger - 1 tsp
- minced garlic - 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper - 1/2 tsp
- chili pepper paste - 3 tbsp
- salt & black pepper - to taste
- chopped baby portabella - 5 ea
- sugar snap peas - 1 cup
- diced scallions - 3 each
- cashews - 1/4 cup
- hoisin sauce - 1/8 cup
- Slice steak into bite size cubes.
- In medium bowl, combine soy, oil, ginger, garlic, cayenne, chili pepper paste, salt & pepper.
- Add steak to bowl and marinade for 30 minutes.
- While marinating prep you mushrooms, scallions and snow peas.
- Heat saute pan over med-high heat, add meat to pan (do not add the liquid from marinade). After 3 minutes add mushrooms, cashews and scallions. After 2 more minutes add snow peas.
- When steak is cooked to your liking (another 2-5 minutes), add hoisin sauce to pan and mix well. Cook for additional minute.
- Serve over rice.