Maple Glazed Grilled Salmon & Shrimp
Searching for a sweet salmon dish? The combination of succulent pineapple and sweet maple provides this dish a sweet yet light taste. I prefer serving this with a few slices of grilled pineapple and a quick fruit salsa.
- salmon filet - 1lb
- shrimp - 1/2lb
- maple syrup - 1/4 cup
- pineapple juice - 1/2 cup
- soy sauce - 3 tbsp
- brown sugar - 1 tbsp
- minced garlic - 2 tsp
- butter - 2 tbsp (melted)
- salt & pepper - taste
- In a small bowl,mix the marinade of pineapple juice, maple syrup, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, butter.
- Place salmon and shrimp (keep shrimp separate if you are serving someone with a shellfish allergy) in a large ziploc bag, pour marinade over seafood. Place in the fridge for 30-45 minutes. Rotate bag halfway through to ensure everything is equally marinated.
- Preheat grill pan to medium high, oil pan.
- Remove seafood from fridge. I recommend placing the shrimp on metal skewers for ease of cooking. Season both seafood with salt & pepper.
- Place salmon skin side up and cook for approx 2 minutes. Then flip and grill until cooked, 6-8 minutes depending on thickness. Place shimp on grill and for approx 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately over rice.
Searching for a sweet salmon dish? The combination of succulent pineapple and sweet maple provides this dish a sweet yet light taste. I prefer serving this with a few slices of grilled pineapple and a quick fruit salsa.Add to Favourites