Jalapeño & Honey Chicken Wings
Looking for a wing recipe that's both sweet & spicy? This Jalapeno & Honey Chicken provides a delicious sweet heat with a hint of pineapple. Yum!
- chicken wings - 12, rinsed and patted dry
- hot pepper jelly - 12oz jar
- brown sugar - 1 tbsp
- honey - 1 tsp
- pineapple juice - 1/4 cup
- soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- minced garlic - 1 tsp
- cayenne pepper - 1 tsp
- onion powder - 1 tsp
- black pepper - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- Mix the marinade.
- Pour half the marinade over the wings (works best in a large ziploc freezer bag) and marinate for at least ½ hour (for more intense flavor marinate longer- up to 12 hours). Reserve the remaining marinade/sauce in fridge for later.
- Set-up a baking sheet with foil (trust me clean-ups far easier!) and top with a baking rack. Spray rack with a cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Remove chicken from marinade and dry off with papertowels. For crispier chicken - squeeze the wings to remove the liquid. Bring to room temperature (approximately 15 minutes)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes
- Put under the broiler for 3-5 minutes for crispier skin.
- Take remainder of marinade/sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool 5 minutes then pour over chicken to evenly coat.
I am always looking for something new to spice up my favorite go to chicken dishes. There are so many wonderful products being made right in our backyards that you never know what you may find to switch up your flavors. Recently I found a great local hot pepper jelly called Trappist made out in Spencer, MA that really makes this chicken dish stand out.
You might find yourself making extra of the marinade/sauce your second time around for dipping!
Be sure to follow the tips noted in the recipe for as easy a clean-up as possible! This is a very sticky dish with a large amount of sugar that could make things quite difficult. Line the pan with foil, and spray the wire rack to ensure a quick wash so you aren’t deterred from making this dish again!Add to Favourites