Chili Pepper & Cheddar Stuffed Burger
Take your boring burger to a whole new level with a deliciously spicy filling to kick things up! Between the creaminess of the cheese filling, and the "sauce" created by the fried egg, there is no need for standard condiments here.
- ground beef - 1 lb
- diced onion - 2 tbsp
- garlic powder - 2 tsp
- salt & black pepper - to taste
- cheddar cheese - 4oz
- cream cheese - 4oz
- thai green chili pepper - 3 each; minced
- long hot green chili pepper - 1/2 pepper; minced
- worcestershire sauce - 1 tsp
- egg - 2 each
- brioche roll - 2 each
- butter - 1 tbsp
- Preheat Grill or turn on Broiler.
- Slice 3oz cheddar cheese into small cubes. Mix in small bowl with cream cheese, both chili peppers, 1 tsp garlic powder. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix ground beef, onion, 1 tsp garlic powder and salt & pepper, worcestershire sauce.
- Split both the cheese and the meat mixture into two equal portions.
- In palm of you hand flatten 1/2 of the meat mixture, add 1/2 of the cheese mixture, spread out and wrap beef around cheese (ensuring all cheese is covered). Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Cook on each side for approximately 7 minutes per side.
- Top each burger with approx 1/2 oz of remaining cheddar cheese.
- In a saute pan, melt butter, crack egg into pan. Cook until edges brown, flip egg and cook for additional 30-45 seconds, Remove from pan immediately to prevent overcooking (you want it runny like a sauce on your burger!).
- Build your burger! Place egg on top of burger and finish with your favorite toppings, I prefer just lettuce and tomato. Enjoy!
Take your boring burger to a whole new level with a deliciously spicy filling to kick things up! Between the creaminess of the cheese filling, and the “sauce” created by the fried egg, there is no need for standard condiments here.Add to Favourites