Chicken & Chickpea Salad
Looking for a fresh new salad to bring to that cook-out this summer! This has lots of crunch from the veggies and a light bright dressing. By using a couple of packaged items this is quick to put together on the go. Obviously if you have time using fresh roasted chicken, and chopping up your own slaw will make the dish that much better!
- broccoli slaw - 1 bag (12oz)
- red bell pepper - 1 each
- red onion - 1/2 each
- cherry tomatoes - 1/2 lb
- chickpeas - 1 can (15oz)
- chunk chicken - 1 can (10oz)
- avocado oil - 4 tbsp
- orange juice - 4 tbsp
- minced garlic - 1/2 tsp
- honey - 1 1/2 tbsp
- ground ginger - 1/2 tsp
- salt & black pepper - to taste
- Add broccoli slaw to large bowl.
- Julienne the red bell pepper and red onion; add to bowl.
- Slice tomatoes in half; add to bowl.
- Drain & rinse chickpeas before adding to bowl.
- Drain chicken, then add to bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together ingredients for dressing. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Drizzle over salad and toss well; serve immediately.Note: When bringing this to a cook-out, I recommend bringing the dressing separately and adding just before serving.