Stuffed Chicken with Boursin & Prosciutto
Chicken is everyone's go to protein and because of that can become quite boring. By making a stuffed chicken, you have the ability to switch up the flavors and provide your friends and family a fresh new dish every time.
- chicken breasts - 2 each
- prosciutto - 2-4 pieces
- boursin cheese - 5 oz
- salt & black pepper - to taste
- olive oil - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken breasts on a clean cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Pound out with a mallet until approx 1/4 inch thick.
- Season chicken well on both sides with salt & pepper.
- Place prosciutto on top of each (use 1-2 pieces per breast).
- Spread 1/2 of the boursin cheese on each breast over the proscuitto.
- Begin rolling the chicken from the long end. Secure the roll with 2-3 toothpicks.
- Place a skillet / saute pan on the stove over medium high heat, drizzle with olive oil and pan sear chicken on all sides (approx 2 minutes each side).
- Place skillet (or transfer chicken to a baking sheet) into the oven and bake until done, approx 10 minutes).
- Serve with your favorite starch and vegetable.
Who says chicken has to be boring! Not only can you switch up the fillings in this dish, but these flavors also go well with a boneless pork chop. Once you understand the basics of making a stuffed chicken, you can play around and begin filling it with your favorite vegetables or cheeses.
Stuffed chicken is a nice way to switch things up with everyone’s favorite protein. Be sure to pound out the chicken breasts well to ensure they roll nicely and cook evenly. In the event your chicken ends up a little overcooked and dry, just make a quick sauce to add a little moisture to the dish. Happy stuffing!Add to Favourites